energy right New Homes Plan
The energy right New Homes Plan offers Incentives for all-electric, energy-efficient new homes.
An energy right home means savings. Meet program guidelines for single-family dwellings, and receive:
- Cash incentives — $300 per dwelling for a HERS Rating Index of 93-86; $400 per dwelling for a HERS Rating Index of 85 or less.
- Underground secondary service rebate — $300 per dwelling for underground service installed to Gibson EMC standards.
- Electric water heater rebate — $250 per dwelling for 50-gallon or larger water heater; an additional $100 rebate if the unit qualifies as an advanced water heater. (An advanced water heater is defined as either a heat pump water heater, or a unit with a lifetime warranty tank and energy factor of 0.93 for 60-gal or smaller tanks and 0.91 for tanks greater than 60 gallons, or an integrated water heating system that combines water heating with space heating.)
- Lower utility bills
- Year ‘round comfort — Energy-efficient heat pumps keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Energy-efficient mortgages — Ask your lender if you qualify for a lower rate, energy-efficient mortgage.
We’re here to help.
- Contact your local Gibson EMC customer service center, or (731) 855-4740, ext. 1620, for more information about program guidelines. We’ll help you incorporate energy right standards into your new home plan, free of charge.
- Our energy right home ratings are based on a variety of energy-efficiency measures including the amount of insulation, type of windows, and efficiency rating of the heat pump. Residential Energy Analysis & Rating Software allows us to easily determine what features could be added or modified to improve the energy rating of your new home. Heat pumps are required; gas appliances, except gas logs and cook tops, are not allowed. Modular housing may qualify.